Sunday, July 19, 2009

The end of "vacation"

I'm not sure if we can really call the last few weeks vacation or not. We were busy unpacking boxes and building fences. We were happy to all be together, though, without having to worry about time spent researching for a thesis, writing a paper or reading a 500 page book.

We hit the National Zoo. THe girls had a great time, but we weren't all that impressed. It was crowded and all of the exhibits seemed to be under construction. At least they had Dippin' DOts.



Our new friends Kyle and Nick.




Where to next?


Kickin' it after lunch.




Our little bird...

We are SO thankful that Tessa moved to Vienna, too!


Back on the homefront...

Perfecting the "sit and scoot."



Hooray for the fence! JB and Ray had a long 3 days, but it looks great. SCout and I are very thankful for their engineering skills and hard work.

Really, she's happy.


View from the back. This one's for you, Rooms. See... no monuments or memorials in sight!

2 comments:

erin oliver said...

Thank you. I need to know where my people are...and now I do. Thank you.

Marcy said...

Awesome job, JB and Ray! I'm impressed and thankful that the kids and Scout will be safe.
The Zoo looks cool. Can I go sometime? TuTu loves the post!