Saturday, September 5, 2009

What a great week.

JB decided to take the week off. I still don't really know why, but I'm not complaining one bit! We pretended to be tourists and hit the Natural History Museum, National Mall and Great Falls National Park.

Sarah's loves the Washington Monument. Perhaps because it is the most visible in the skyline.


Some lady thought we really WERE tourists and offered to take our picture. Nice, huh?


The rotunda of the Natural History Museum. I was trying to get Sarah to pretend like the elephant was about to stomp on us.


Great Falls National Park. It was awesome for the girl's first hiking experience. Sarah explored and walked without a single whine for over 2.71 miles (thank you iPhone). The trails were wide enough for the stroller, but Anna walked enough to earn a snooze before lunch.

We were contemplating the root system of the tree across the creek. She was intrigued and afterward noticed the roots of trees that were in the trail. My budding little scientist!










1 comment:

Marcy said...

Must have been cold at the Park! Looks like a great family outing!