Friday, March 5, 2010

Anna's first hair cut

We all know that once Sarah outgrew the "mo-fro" hair stage as a baby, her hair grew in crazy curly and all at the same time. Anna, on the other hand, has been blessed with super fine, thin, uneven hair. Translation: mullet.

I have thought many times over the last few months about getting the mullet cut. She is, afterall, rapidly approaching 2 and mullets just aren't cute on anyone older than 12 months. The problem is, no one here that cuts hair speaks english unless I want to take her to an Aveda salon. Language barriers are not something that I am concerned with. In fact, I hardly ever think about them at all. But when it comes to my baby's mullet-chop I felt the need for there to be a clear understanding of what I want her to look like.

When we were in Little Rock last week we had a few spare moments to run by a kids hair place out Hwy 10. It was perfect. English speaking, knowledgeable, patient hair folks greeted Anna with a smile and a seat shaped like an airplane. Oh, and they had cartoons playing on the tv.

Before...

Pre-flight checklist....

Getting her to look down for the actual mullet-chop was hard. All she wanted was to watch tv.

After... I probably could have asked for them to cut a little more off, but trust me, this is much better.

How could you not love this face (with or without the mullet!)?

1 comment:

Marcy said...

It was sure fun seeing our little peanut transformed!