Monday, August 2, 2010

The weekend

After we got back from our ride to the Farmer's Market JB got out his mom's guitar. I'm not exactly sure how it ended up with us. As a matter of fact, I think he's had it as long as I've known him. Saturday was, though, the very first time I have ever seen it out of the case. I'm not sure what prompted him to do it, but the girls had a grand time with it.




Anna, we just call them "tree cookies." They are NOT real.

Anna finally got to go on a one-on-one outing with Aunt Beth. She was so excited she could hardly stand it. They took off to the park with a towel in hand to dry the slides.


Sunday afternoon Beth, Sarah and I headed to the Kennedy Center for Mary Poppins. Sarah's favorite song: Chim Chim Cher-ee. Favorite part of the show: When Burt tap danced on the ceiling. And, yes, he really did. My favorite part: When Mary Poppins flew out over the audience. Too cool.

I managed to refrain from purchasing the $30 child sized replica of Mary Poppins umbrella. It was hard. Especially with my blue eyed baby staring at me pleading and promising to be Mary Poppins for Halloween. I managed to talk her down to this $5 doll house that was a spittin' image of the set.

2 comments:

destiny said...

Oh, I would love to see Mary Poppings at the Kennedy Center!! I'm sure it was awesome!

Jeanne said...

Don't ever ask "JB's mom" to play that guitar!