Our girls are growing some serious brains.
We have recently discovered Anna loves puzzles. This Cinderella puzzle Sarah couldn't do until she was at least 4. Anna needed a little help, but pretty much did it herself... the first time.
Sarah has been bitten by the writing bug. She writes continuously, with occasional breaks to dance around the room to (wait for it...) Mary Poppins. :-) Here she has written a note to the Reading Specialist. It says, "I love how you planned this day. I love you." I have decided that inventive spelling is my absolute favorite learning stage. I may actually be sad when she starts spelling things correctly.

2 comments:
Aaww!! Evan LOVES puzzles too and amazed me early on with how good he was at them--perhaps it's a 2nd child thing. Hmmm...:) Gwen never cared much about puzzles.
It's so fun to watch the kids learn to read and write, isn't it? Love Sarah's note! Too cute!! Gwen has taken to writing down 'songs' in her journal. They crack me up!
Ethan always loved puzzles and was really better at them than EK. I'm with you on the inventive spelling! I LOVED when Emma Kate did that. Ethan hasn't picked it up yet, but it won't be long!
Post a Comment