Monday, December 13, 2010

Grinch-Cubes

Last night we trekked over to Gaylord National Resort to see ICE! Insanely talented ice carvers from China carved the entire Grinch story out of ice. Who (no pun intended, he he) knew that ice could be such a spectacular medium for art?


It was 9 degrees in the arena and we had to don these hideous blue parkas which made us look like giant Smurfs. Anna's was, naturally, 8 sizes too big. I shudder every time I think about what kind of nastiness was embedded in them. JB scrubbed the girls from head to toe as soon as we got home. Ick...


Halfway through they had these fun ice slides. Both girls gave it a shot.

She really did enjoy it... her little face is just so cold she can't smile.




And he, he himself, carved the roast beast!



1 comment:

Bethers said...

Those pictures are so cool...that must have been amazing to see. I like all of Anna's expressions, and Sarah looks much older in the last picture.