Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July

We hope everyone had a great 4th of July. We started the festivities with a parade at Sarah's school. It was her first one and she was really excited about it. We decorated her tricycle with flags and streamers and she made a Statue of Liberty hat at school to wear. She almost got her picture in the paper and she was on tv. Here are the links...

Picture of Sarah at the parade from the newspaper:
http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Site=DS&Date=20080703&Category=COMMUNITIES010302&ArtNo=807030802&Ref=PH&Profile=1007&Params=Itemnr=3

Here is a video (if you look closely you'll see JB, too!):
http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080703/VIDEO/80703030

And some pictures of our own... We thought for sure that Sarah would pedal on her own when she saw the other kids doing it, but it didn't take long for the teachers to realize that Sarah needed a "helper" to make it all the way around the quad.


We went to Ali and Brandon's for a cookout. The kids were all dressed in their patriotic garb and we talked Sarah into posing with the babies for a picture.



On a humorous note... Sarah was playing with a tape measure the other day while I was getting dressed. She came up behind me while I was at the sink, placed the tape measure across my backside and said, "Mommy, it's 2 whole inches!" I told her she made my day. Now if only it were true!

1 comment:

TheParkers said...

I love the parade and the kids at the end that ran into each other! Too funny!