Monday, July 28, 2008

Yeah for naps!

Anna is finally starting to get into a napping groove. She's taking a good solid one in the morning and the afternoon one is getting longer. Perfect timing since today is Sarah's last day of summer school. The Fall semester starts in three weeks.

Our smiley face...



We went to the Farmer's Market on Saturday. Sarah felt the need to "get fancy."


I am now officially closer to 40 than I am to 20. (Note how the heat from the candles is visible in the picture... ). This is the first year that JB had to make my cake. He did a fabulous job on the Wacky Cake. The icing was bit runny, but that just meant I got to eat some with a spoon. Come on, you know you've done it. Maybe not when you still have 10 baby pounds to lose, but you've done it.




We are awaiting Aunt Beth's arrival next weekend. Sarah already has the entire week planned out. Rest assured it includes Pump It Up, swimming and tennis. Aunt Beth better eat her Wheaties!

5 comments:

Jeanne said...

Fancy Sarah! Your ensemble is fabulous!
Love,
Grandma

destiny said...

The baby is so cute and I love how fancy Sarah is!!
Happy Birthday to you!!!

Cheech and Silly Mike said...

wacky cake icing is calorie free and it is totally acceptable to eat it with a spoon. i wonder how silly mike will do when he makes his first yummy icing...

Bethers said...

Oh don't worry, I have some kid-endurance built up with working with kids all summer....although this will be a little more concentrated..and I don't get to send them away after one hour. I might be in trouble! Don't forget that I have plans for Sarah too...she said she would help me wash my car.

The racquet and kiddy tennis balls have been ordered! See you soon, Aunt Beth

TheParkers said...

Don't forget...Aunt Beth will also be going to Target, per Sarah's request!