This week we have celebrated life on two different fronts. Sadly, last week we lost my Great Granny Brown. She was 103 years old and definitely lived a life worth celebrating. We also were able to celebrate Sarah's 4th birthday with gusto, despite having to alter her party plans a bit.
5 generations... Easter 2007
My entire family was able to make it to Fort Smith for Granny's services and to be there for my grandfather. It was wonderful hearing people talk about Granny and how much she meant to them. I have a million memories of Granny, but my favorites are the most recent ones when she was with Sarah and Anna. She would light up whenever we brought the girls for a visit. She shared her baby dolls with Sarah and actually thought Anna was one of the dolls herself! I'm so thankful to say that I was able to know my great grandmother and can only hope that I can touch as many people as she did.
Granny's 100th Birthday Party.
5 generations... Easter 2007
Granny meets Anna... June 2008.
Sarah also turned 4 this weekend which just totally baffles my mind. Where did the time go?! We took all necessary party materials with us to Fort Smith and she was thrilled to be celebrating with the family.






2 comments:
Love the pink cupcakes! My oldest has special ordered pink cupcakes (with sprinkles) 3 years straight now. What can I say, the girl loves pink. I actually have come to enjoy making them for her :).
Sorry to hear about your loved one. Looks like her life was full of lots of love! The pictures are so sweet.
How sweet, Kerry!! Those pictures of Granny are just priceless!! I'm glad you have such wonderful memories.
I can't believe Sarah is 4 either!!! AND....I can't believe I will have a 4 year old in May! It looks like she had a fun party. I love her shirt--where did you find that? Ethan has already started practicing making 4 with his fingers!
Post a Comment