Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Birthday and Stuff

I awoke on my birthday weekend (you know I like to drag the celebration out for as long as possible!) to donuts. Mostly chocolate ooey-gooey goodness, but there were some pink iced with sprinkles thrown in for a certain 4 year old.



Yes, Anna got a few bites, too. It must be nice being the second child. I don't think Sarah had a donut until she was two.

I was also given my very first surprise party. It was fun and I was definitely surprised. NOw, you may notice in the picture that this is NOT my traditional Wacky Cake with Yummy Icing (yes, it deserves capital letters.). I must say, this Chocolate Fudge cake was divine. Nothing could ever measure up to Wacky, but this cake deserves to be a back up. JB was glad to not have to create the Wacky and extra glad that it was such a big hit to my discriminating palate.

Anna's big news of the week is mastering a straw! Yipee!!! Adios sippy cups. FOREVER!





She has also been managing to keep a bow in her hair (yes, it's growing!) for more than one minute. Okay, so it was only in for two minutes, but progress is progress!

3 comments:

Bethers said...

Thanks for the update on the Bleil household. I can't believe I'll be there again for a visit so soon. I'll thank OSU for that!

Marcy said...

That cake looks mighty fine! Sounds like we had lots of sweets...as a birthday girl should.
Anna looks great in her bow!

Cheech and Silly Mike said...

anna doesn't seem like a bow kind of girl anyway. she's going to have hot pink streaks. can't wait!